Untitled-1-2-6-2

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Funday

What better way to spend the most perfect Sunday afternoon than cooking and crafting. With my crazy busy schedule these days, I rarely get time to myself. So when the time comes where I have a few hours to spare, I take full advantage! Today, I decided I'd make one of my favorite dishes. I've only made it once before, and boy, was it a hit. Originally found on my favorite new time waster, pinterest.com, it combines my favorite vegetables to make a schmorgesborg of tastiness.

The dish?
Southwest Black Bean Salad

The ingredients?
  • 1 can of black beans (rinsed and drain)
  • 1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 an onion - either red or white
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 scallions
  • 1 tbsp cilantro
  • The juice of 1 lime
  • 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • ground pepper & salt
  • a few pinches of mexican chili powder

The instructions? Simple.

Combine black beans, corn, tomato, avocado, onion, scallions, and cilantro in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper, and chili powder. Pour lime/oil mixture over veggies. Mix. Voila! A fresh, easy and delicious summer concoction. And great with tortilla or pita chips! 

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! i found your blog :) you are awesome at writing and taking pictures and basically everything else in life!

    secret- sean and i started a blog. seanandlia.blogspot.com.

    the colors and design are kinda blah but im working on fixing it.

    ReplyDelete