Untitled-1-2-6-2

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Two (Yes, TWO) Ingredient Pumpkin Cake

I know what you are thinking. TWO ingredients? Yeah right. Well, believe it or not --  it's true. I stumbled upon this cake on pinterest (via The Big Red Kitchen blog) and knew this had to be my next creation because a) I'm not an avid/very good baker so, uh, yeah, two ingredients? love it b) I LOVE PUMPKIN ANYTHING and c) It's September! Which means I am basically required to create fall-inspired dishes such as this one. I'm home at my parents' house for the weekend, so I figured it was the perfect time to experiment with the people who would give me their honest opinion on this two-ingredient dessert. Needless to say, it was a HIT. 

The Dish?
Pumpkin Cake

The Ingredients?
1 Boxed Cake Mix
1 15-oz. Can of Pumpkin
Frosting/Glaze - optional

The Directions?
1. Mix pumpkin and cake mix on medium speed for two minutes.*
2. Pour into a greased 7 x 11 pan. 
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. 
4. Remove from oven -- let cool.
5. Glaze or frost as desired! 

*This cake created with the above directions is undoubtedly delicious - BUT, I think next time I'd experiment by adding raisins, walnuts and a pinch of pumpkin spice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment