Untitled-1-2-6-2

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oh the Memories...

A little over two years ago, my cousins and I ventured across the Atlantic to England and Ireland. Needless to say, we had the time of our lives - and I'm not exaggerating. I would give anything to be able to go back! 

One of the biggest things we made sure to do while we were over there was document our time via journals, but also save every little ticket, receipt, brochure, map, you name it - we saved it. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea what I was actually going to do with all of those paper memories, until I stumbled upon memory boxes on Pinterest (of course). Immediately, I knew this was the perfect way to display my memories, and keep those treasures in good condition.
Creating a memory box is actually very simple. All you'll need are a few record album frames (or actual shadow boxes - if you're not cheap like me), double sided tape, and your memories. 

1. The first thing you'll need to do is decide how you'll want the names of the cities and/or countries displayed within your frame. I chose to use Photoshop to create letter cut-outs of my pictures taken on my trip. 
2. Once you've printed your city/country name, use that sheet of paper as the base of your creation. Tape any and all receipts, maps, brochures, tickets, luggage tags, coasters, etc. to your base sheet. 
3. Once you're done setting your paper memories, place the taped-creation in the record album frame or shadowbox. And you're done - Easy as that! 

I am so excited about my framed creations, and can't wait for my next venture abroad so that I can add to the collection! I think I hear Greece and Italy calling....



No comments:

Post a Comment