Untitled-1-2-6-2

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rise & Shine

This morning was just one of those mornings. You know, the kind of morning where you wake up in a surprisingly good mood? Without that angry urge to throw your alarm clock out the window? Yup, it was one of THOSE mornings. If I were in a Disney movie, tiny little birds would have flown in through the window and gently pulled back my covers, singing a sweet little tune. I don't know if it was the fact that I went to bed at 10PM, or if maybe, just the fact that it was Thursday brightened my mood. I'm willing to bet, however, that this morning was a direct result of the fact that, finally, I'm realizing my life is starting to come together. Moving to a new city, starting a new job, being away from my family -- it's stressful! But after almost three months on the dot, things are starting to feel real. I am no longer the "new girl" at work. My life has become routine (in a good way). I'm having the time of my life getting to know the city of Washington, DC. I love that even after 3 months of exploring and adventures, I know there is still SO much more out there to do & see. And that is so exciting to me.

On top of it all, I was thrilled when I opened the door this morning and stepped out into slightly cooler, less humid morning air. It was the type of morning that resembled a fall morning in Florida. It was crisp, refreshing and sunny - without a cloud in the sky. That alone will make any bad morning the BEST morning.

As I walked to my car, a slight breeze rustled the leaves of the surrounding trees. I heard the gentle sound of wind chimes off in the distance. Sunlight was streaming through the giant Virginia maples. There was an unmistakable quiet calm all around. I wished so badly I didn't have to go to work, and that instead, I could just sit out on my front porch reading my book with a hot cup of coffee.

But alas, that was not possible today, on this beautiful Thursday. I, instead, spent the day inside staring at a computer, daydreaming of Saturday and the freedom that comes with it.

Soundtrack to my morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment