Untitled-1-2-6-2

Monday, August 20, 2012

Aye Aye Captain


Ahoy matey! Are you sick of my sea-faring vocabulary yet? Sorry. I can't help it. My day in Annapolis has left me missing the ocean, craving seafood, and longing for a sailor to call my own. What a charming little town! 

Last Sunday, my Aunt and I ventured to this quaint seaside village and were blown away. My awe and excitement at the discovery of Annapolis was a bit over-the-top, but it was such a pleasant surprise! What can I say - I'm easy to please.


We spent the afternoon perusing the little shops and enjoying the perfect day. We took a boat ride into Annapolis Harbor and around along the shores of the US Naval Academy. We also walked around the USNA campus and snuck into the Chapel. What an unbelievable site. You know that sailor I mentioned above that I will someday call my own?...yeah, we'll get married there. 

Later, we munched on seafood and pretended to be beer connoisseurs. I even tried a beer called 'Raging Bitch'. Not gonna lie - it was pretty great, despite it's heavy IPA taste.





A few thoughts...
  • At a shop called Lou Lou on Annapolis' Main Street, I discovered the cutest new designer: Curly Girl Designs.  I fell in love with her work and may have spent a little too much on her greeting cards. This officially solidified the fact that I am my mother's daughter when it comes to stationary, cards, and "cute things" in general. Hi Mom!
  • YOU GUYS. I did NOT realize that soft-shell crab was LITERALLY a WHOLE crab with a soft shell, instead of a rock-hard one. Like...what? I ordered a soft-shell crab sandwich, and it was delicious, don't get me wrong - but it was literally a whole crab on a bun! It just blew my mind, so I had to let you know. I'm more of a lobster gal to be honest.
  • Annapolis is home to an Irish pub called Galway Bay. Anytime I see anything involving Galway, I have to 1) have a minor freak out 2) take a picture and 3) let Bridget know because we traveled there together and had the time of our lives. Is anyone else out there a fan of the song "Galway Girl"? It's my favorite! 

It was such a great, relaxing afternoon. We agreed that we would come back in the fall, and the winter, and again in the spring, just to experience the new adventures that come with the change in temperature. 
Come fall, I'll be there with bells on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment