Untitled-1-2-6-2

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Bittersweet Symphony

Here's my first post as an Alumni Blogger for the Wendy's Heisman Alumni Network:

Senior year of college: the year that seemed so far away you thought it would never come; the year that seems like such a challenge, but somehow you make it through; the fastest year of your life, whether you like it or not. It’s my senior year as a student at the University of Florida. I can’t tell you where the time has gone or how it could have possibly gone by so quickly, but I can tell you to make the most of every moment of every day because you will wake up one day and three years will have passed, but you will swear it only felt like 3 months. It has been a bittersweet year for me. It has been one of the most fun, exciting years of my life thus far, but it saddens me to know that in six months I will have to give all of that up. So many things go through your mind as graduation creeps closer. What’s next? Do I apply for a job? What if I only want an internship? Do I want to go to graduate school? If I go to graduate school, what will I study? Where are my friends going? Do I want to take a break? And all of a sudden, the real world is looming just around the corner. So, for all of you out there who still have three years or two years, or even if you only have six months like me, make the most of your time left and live it to the fullest. Take it from me, the senior wishing for just one more year: pursue every opportunity you have to make lasting memories because you will blink, look around and realize you are wearing the infamous cap and gown that symbolize the end of an amazing era of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment